Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I avoid being so awkward at dances?

My school has a dance tomorrow and I'm most likely going to it. The problem is that I hate dancing and I suck at it, but people always try to make me dance. The only reason I really go to the dances is to hang out with friends/girls and grind with girls, lol. I basically feel awkward doing the simplest dances and even grinding sometimes. How do I not be so awkward and afraid to dance at the dance tomorrow? Idk if I should have asked this in another section but I didn't know which 1 to ask it in, but any help would be appreciatedHow do I avoid being so awkward at dances?
You sound like a player.How do I avoid being so awkward at dances?
take a few shots...JK DONT. practice in your room..and trust me when your in the dance, you'll look WEIRDER not dancing and being tense....so if your worried about looking weird than NO ONE WILL NOTICE YOU IF YOUR WEIRD AS LONG AS YOUR DANCING....just dance and be hyper, trust me i am sure there will be way more people who look like fools there, i doubt you'll be looked at weirdly dont by shy
You don't have to do anything! You won't even talk to these people in like 5 years.
I'd recommened just asking someone and let them lead. its not to bad having a girl lead (their usually better dancers) and let them grind on u its way better lol
Dancing is awkward. From the Chicken Dance to Grinding.

All you have to do is be confident and just focus on having fun. Life's short so you have to make the most of it. Have fun and don't focus on how awkward it is.

Idk if this was any help but I hope I was.

Good luck(:
dont think about how bad you are. just dance :)
Thats not the right attitude to have my friend, whatever you do dont be one of the guys that stands on the wall the whole night with your arms folded and a grumpy look on your face, just go and have a fun time forget about other ppl and wat they think(which is i assume why you find it oquired) and just be in the moment, if you can just have a laugh crack a few jokes or whateverthen do it, but if your there to meet girls just, dont make it so obvious that thats the only reason why your there, bassically dont be all over them unless well your dancing and more then likly if your enjoying yourself( not nessecarily being a clown, but still not trying not to hold in a smile) then girls well be over you like magnets.... as for the grinding part i gotta ask you are you gay, you must be if you dont enjoy that :P.... again tho if you wanna meet new people you gotta leeve your comfort zone which might be up against the wall chillen and go bust a move
everyone will be worrying about how they are dancing

by the way ITS A DANCE! its for FUN! stop worrying too much noone will care

best of luck

sami
I was the same as you. I'm a senior in high school this year, and what I've found out is that even though you feel uncomfortable, just go for it and you'll be a lot happier than just standing there like an idiot.
drink a little before you go
Everyone's awkward at dances; the only way to avoid it is to not go. But if that's not an option, just relax and don't think about it too much and just let it come to you. You'll get the hang of it.
The main thing is to just let go of your insecurities and just have fun with your friends. People are gonna notice you bunched up in the corner and that is not what you want. With friends, it'll be fun.
just keep on dancing. dont worry what others think, the more you dance, the less you will make mistakes. Everyone starts out with two left feet. go 4 it!
I have always felt a alittle weird at dances too, I have no rhythm, I am out of school now and kind of regret, not letting go and just dancing though, maybe you should try to dance, just a simple move, u might have fun. Try practicing at home in front of a mirror, or have a friend help you learn a move or too. But I totally get you.
Grow some balls.
LOL i used to have the same problem, now people compliment me on how im so confident and ive ';come out of my shell'; when i dance :P.. Literally just copy what everyone else is doing, being a guy theres not much u can do when dancing UNLESS u wanna breakdance or something :P otherwise, just like do a ';hitch'; (if u know what that means) just move from side to side but be relaxed! if u get desperate get like lessons from friends or something! make sure there good friends, and not ***** who'll hold u up for it. Good Luck. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment