Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hows this?

I'm wasting



Wasting away



Not my body but my soul



As I sit here on the cold hard floor



Alone



Staring up at glossy windows that match my eyes



Watching the stars



Until thoughts grow so deep that the sky turns black



And those lofty silver specks disappear



As did my ability to feel anything besides cold, scared, and departed



And thoughts turn into nightmares



As my mind drifts off to sleep



Till a devastating raindrop splashes on my chest



There's a rainstorm in my eyes



It's been like that for ages



It's about time for a drought up there



But I don't control the weather



So tears keep on rolling and there are rivers on my cheeks



Growing rapid as my eyes become dark clouds that grow and grow until their blackness leaks onto my face



And now I barely recognize the girl in the lustrous glass



With eyes glazes over



Might as well punch her reflection into a million shards



That way it could join the ruins of her soul on the ground



This girl in the mirror is so fragile



And then I realize that it's me



So come hold me



Hold me so tight that I can't feel the pain in my heart



Love me so deep that I forget how it is to feel like a lost soul wandering through empty cities so submerged in water that you're never getting anywhere



Hold me now, so close that all I can hear is your heartbeat drowning out my doubts



Save me



Love me



Catch me before I fall



Save me before I waste away鈥?Hows this?
Don't listen to the xxx person.

I wouldn't care, but I hate mindless criticism on writing. Cause to me writing is important.



I think yours better than a lot of the same type of poem people write.



But I don't think that means your depressed necessarily. Just maybe you like writing about it.



Good luckHows this?
...............going, going...............gone.
nice .....it should be in poetry section ....i hope you r not depressed or any thing....feel better. keep writing
sad but good. and so true for some of us.
wat da fack is dis sheeyat?
2 be honest i have no idea

wht iz it
It's modern and sounds like a New Yorker's poem

No comments:

Post a Comment