Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Issues with my guy going to the club?

I had a REALLY BIG ISSUE with my ex going to the club. First let me note that I am not really a club person. All the times I have gone, guys were always all over me, touching me, all in my face trying to get the number, trying to take me home, etc. Slutty girls wearing bras for tops, short skirts, etc. It's so sleazy to me! RARELY I would go to a club with my girls just to get out the house, but never with the intent of meeting someone or even enteratining another guy.



At the time we were in college, and the girls at our college were pretty slutty. I was well known on my campus, so usually I would hear stories on Mondays about how my then boyfriend was dancing with this girl, buying drinks for this girl, all in the corner with this girl, etc. I would confront him about it and he would tell me it was innocent fun and I was making a big deal out of nothing.



I am not usually a jealous person but the thought of some girl grinding on him, being as close to him as only I should be, it drove me bonkers. Eventually he got tired of defending himself about it and ended up not really going out much anymore...or so I thought!



The thing is, I didn't find out until toward the end of our relationship that he really resented me for this. He felt as if I took away his freedom, that I was trapping him down, and it spiraled into other issues such as him lying about it when he did go out, even to places other than the club, which created trust issues, all kinds of other arguments, etc. And clearly we are not together anymore.



So moving on, I am now dating someone else that is great, that has everything that I would want in a partner but of course... he's a young and handsome guy and he likes to club as well. He went last night, and although it burned me up on the inside, I played it cool and told him to have fun.



I really need to get over this issue because I don't want to mess anything up with this new guy. He is great and I don't want to scare him off. I know this is petty but it really bothers me.



Advice?Issues with my guy going to the club?
Fact: Guys dont go 2 the club to dance. (unless there gay) so unless hes goin with u, u have a right to be suspicious. i know u want to start off with a clean slate with this new guy cuz everything is always great at 1st. seems like on the low ur x and new guy both wanna see what else is out there. just beacuse. what u can do if offer to go 2 the club with him. dance with him. build his ego while hes there. cuz thats what he wants. otherwise u might find yourself in the same situation and start building a resentment for guys who go 2 clubs.Issues with my guy going to the club?
once you have an ';exclusive'; relationship with him, it should stop. however, if you don't and are just dating him, both of you have the right to do as you please

No comments:

Post a Comment